Paralegal Schools in South Dakota
This guide to paralegal schools in South Dakota contains important information about your options so that you can make an informed decision. The colleges and universities in South Dakota offer a variety of options for obtaining a paralegal degree, which may include options for studying in specialty practice areas. As an alternative to traditional on campus programs, you may also wish to consider online paralegal degree programs, which some students find to be a more flexible option.
- There are 4 colleges and universities that offer a paralegal/legal assistant degree program in South Dakota.
- No schools offer a certificate program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 4 schools offer an associate’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 4 schools offer a bachelor’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- There are 2 ABA-approved paralegal degree programs in South Dakota.
- Highest graduation rate: Western Dakota Technical Institute 36%.1
- Highest net price per year: Globe University-Sioux Falls $23,842.1
- Lowest net price per year: Western Dakota Technical Institute $12,043.1
- Highest student population: National American University-Rapid City 2,384.1
- Lowest student population: Globe University-Sioux Falls 262.1
- Annual tuition range for paralegal programs at community colleges and career schools in South Dakota: $5,310-$15,660.2
- No Schools in US News Best Law Schools Rankings of 2013 (top 100)
Continue reading below to find out more about paralegal schools in South Dakota and career projections for paralegal graduates.
Paralegal Degree Programs in South Dakota
The National American University in Rapid City, SD, offers both a bachelor degree and an associate degree in Paralegal Studies. The program is designed to prepare students to perform law-related tasks such as trial preparation, legal research, and client interviews. Coursework emphasizes substantive legal theory and fields such as probate law, family law, and criminal law. Additionally, both degrees embrace a liberal arts mentality and include general education requirements in areas such as oral and written communication, mathematics and natural science, with several courses available in an online format. Both the B.S. and A.A.S. in Paralegal Studies at the National American University have been approved by the American Bar Association.
American Bar Association Approved Paralegal Programs in South Dakota
National American University (Rapid City)
National American University (Sioux Falls)
1. National Center for Education Statistics: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche: http://colleges.niche.com/search/t-career/sm1-paralegal/st-sd/