Paralegal Schools in Nebraska
This guide to paralegal schools in Nebraska will provide you with in-depth information that you can use to decide where to pursue an education in the paralegal/legal assistant field. The paralegal schools in Nebraska offer a variety of degree and certificate programs and may also offer options for specializing in select areas of the law, such as commercial litigation or real estate. There are also several online paralegal schools, like Rasmussen College, offering paralegal degrees and certificates that you may find to be a good fit.
- There are 6 colleges and universities that offer a paralegal/legal assistant degree program in Nebraska.
- 1 school offers an undergraduate certificate program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 5 schools offer an associate’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 2 schools offer a bachelor’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 2 ABA approved paralegal degree programs in Nebraska.
- Highest graduation rate: Kaplan University-Omaha 51%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate: Metropolitan Community College 24%.1
- Highest net price per year: College of Saint Mary $16,588.1
- Lowest net price per year: Metropolitan Community College $7,400.1
- Highest student population: Metropolitan Community College 18,518.1
- Lowest student population: Kaplan University-Lincoln Campus 469.1
- Annual tuition range for paralegal programs at community colleges and career schools in Nebraska: $3,310-$15,397.1
- 1 School in US News Best Law Schools Rankings of 2013 (top 100): University of Nebraska-Lincoln #61
Read more about your options for earning an education in paralegal studies in Nebraska by continuing below.
Paralegal Degree Programs in Nebraska
The Pre-Law and Paralegal program at the College of St Mary offers three degree completion options, each degree program including a liberal arts curriculum with a special selection of law-specific courses. Students at St. Mary benefit from a respected faculty of qualified attorneys, many of who still practice within their fields and can provide valuable insight into the legal work environment. The program also facilitates paid internship programs at various major Omaha law firms and corporate headquarters of Fortune 500 companies. This College of St. Mary hosts the only paralegal bachelor’s degree program in Nebraska that has been approved by the American Bar Association.
Metropolitan Community College
The Metropolitan Community College offers a paralegal studies program that is a comprehensive introduction to legal ideas, legal institutions, and processes. The curriculum includes several areas of substantive law and embraces a hands-on learning philosophy. Coursework is geared toward individual and group research projects and may culminate with an internship program that allows students to experience corporate and law office environments. The law-specific courses are taught by licensed attorneys and paralegals. Students may choose to pursue either an associate degree in paralegal studies, or students who have completed a bachelor’s degree may earn a certificate in paralegal studies. The MCC paralegal program has been approved by the American Bar Association and is an active member of the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE).
American Bar Association Approved Paralegal Programs in Nebraska
College of St. Mary (Omaha)
Metropolitan Community College (Omaha)
1. National Center for Education Statistics: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche: http://colleges.niche.com/search/t-career/sm1-paralegal/st-ne/