Paralegal Schools in New Hampshire
This guide to paralegal schools in New Hampshire will provide you with key information so that you can make a choice on where to attend school that falls in line with your career interests and goals. The options for obtaining a certificate or degree in the paralegal/legal assistant field from paralegal schools in New Hampshire are varied and can help support your personal career aspirations. As an alternative to traditional classroom study, you can also consider online paralegal programs, which offer degrees in paralegal studies either fully or partially online.
- There are 5 colleges and universities that offer a paralegal/legal assistant degree program in New Hampshire.
- 4 schools offer an undergraduate certificate program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 3 schools offer an associate’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- No schools offer a bachelor’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- There is 1 ABA approved paralegal degree program in New Hampshire.
- Highest graduation rate: Franklin Pierce University 49%.1
- Highest net price per year: Franklin Pierce University $26,895.1
- Lowest net price per year: Nashua Community College $12,628.1
- Highest student population: NHTI-Concord’s Community College 4,324.1
- Lowest student population: River Valley Community College 1,035.1
- Annual tuition range for paralegal programs at community colleges and career schools in New Hampshire: $11,844-$15,936.2
- No schools in US News Best Law Schools Rankings of 2013 (top 100)
Continue reading to find out more about paralegal schools in New Hampshire through profiles of popular programs and more.
Paralegal Degree Programs in New Hampshire
The Paralegal Studies Certificate at New Hampshire Technical Institute has been approved by the American Bar Association and is centered on a broad-based curriculum that includes practical skills, substantive legal knowledge, and legal theory. Graduates of this program are equipped with strong legal writing and research skills, analytical and critical thinking ability, as well as competency in professional technologies. The curriculum also includes an optional legal internship that enables students to sample a professional legal environment and form important contacts within the field. This program is offered in the evenings only and is “financial aid eligible.” Specific admission requirements include 45 college credits in general education courses, consistent with American Bar Association specifications.
Hesser College offers an associate’s degree program in paralegal studies that introduces students to a wide range of legal topics including legal research, civil and criminal law, property law and wills, estates, and trusts. The program curriculum promotes fundamental awareness of legal procedures and law as well as more generalized professional skills. Additionally, graduates are proficient in legal research and are trained with access to national legal databases. This program also includes several opportunities for valuable externship experiences. Though not approved by the American Bar Association, this program provides a coherent introduction to the field.
Nashua Community College
Nashua Community College’s Paralegal Studies Program provides students with a thorough introduction to substantive areas of law varying from real estate law to litigation and trial preparation while developing key skills such as written and oral communication. The program offers both an associate’s degree and a certificate, both of which are transferable to bachelor’s credit for students who later chose to pursue a more lengthy degree. The program is offered in evenings and consists of 64 total credits. A paralegal internship during the final semester of study serves a capstone for the degree and allows students to experience a legal workplace and form important networking connections. Though not formally approved by the American Bar Association, the Nashua Community College program is an accredited institutional member of the American Association for Paralegal Education and a sustaining member of the Paralegal Association of New Hampshire.
American Bar Association Approved Paralegal Programs in New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Technical Institute (Concord)
1. National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/?state=NH&sort=best