Paralegal Schools in Oklahoma
The paralegal schools in Oklahoma offer a variety of paralegal programs for earning certificates, associate’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and advanced degrees. This guide to your options will help you find the information you need to make the right choice for your interests and career goals. You can also find some online programs, which may a better fit depending on your individual needs.
- There are 9 colleges and universities that offer a paralegal/legal assistant degree program in Oklahoma.
- 3 schools offer a certificate program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 8 schools offer an associate’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 2 schools offer a bachelor’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- There are 4 ABA approved paralegal degree programs in Oklahoma.
- Highest graduation rate: Community Care College 74%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate: East Central University 27%.1
- Highest net price per year: Community Care College $16,415.1
- Lowest net price per year: Tulsa Community College $6,621.1
- Highest student population: Tulsa Community College 20,154.1
- Lowest student population: Brown Mackie College-Oklahoma City 93.1
- Annual tuition range for paralegal programs at community colleges and career schools in Oklahoma: $7,970-$18,048.2
- 2 schools in US News Best Law Schools Rankings of 2013 (top 100): University of Oklahoma #68, University of Tulsa #86
Continue reading this page for more information about paralegal schools in Oklahoma, including profiles of popular paralegal programs and potential career tracks for paralegals and legal assistants.
Paralegal Degree Programs in Oklahoma
The paralegal studies program at Rose State College is a two-year associate’s degree program that is offered as a part of the Business Information Technology Division. This program prepares students for entry-level positions in legal settings by equipping them with practical skills bolstered by a foundation of substantive legal knowledge. Particular emphasis is placed upon the role of paralegals and the ethical responsibilities of paralegals within a variety of legal settings. Courses are offered in both day and evening sessions to accommodate a variety of schedules and a qualified faculty strives to give students personal attention and guidance throughout the course work. This program has been approved by the American Bar Association.
University of Tulsa
As one of four paralegal programs in Oklahoma that have received formal approval from the American Bar Association, the University of Tulsa’s post-baccalaureate paralegal certificate program is a comprehensive introduction to the paralegal profession for students who have already completed a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in a separate field. The curriculum is designed to reflect the fast changing paralegal field and challenges students to engage important career skills such as critical thinking and problem-solving. Practical skills such as legal writing and research are also emphasized throughout the course sequence. Graduates are also challenged to demonstrate knowledge of the ethical, moral and social issues that contain legal implications. Finally, close ties with the surrounding legal community allows University of Tulsa paralegal students many opportunities for internships at local law firms and organizations.
University of Oklahoma Law Center
The Department of Legal Assistant Education at the University of Oklahoma Law Center offers a paralegal/legal assistant certificate program that may be completed in less than a year with courses only offered on weekends. This unique scheduling plan allows students to complete 42 course units through 42 Saturday seminar courses in practical subjects such as legal writing and research to substantive topics such as civil procedure, evidence, and law practice management. Elective course options examine specific legal area in more detail and may be selected by students who are interested in specializing in a particular area of law, or by those wishing to get a broad introduction to multiple legal areas. An optional internship component is also available for motivated students seeking real world work experience. The total cost of the program is estimated to be $3,780 in tuition at $90 per Saturday session. This program has been approved by the American Bar Association and is an excellent option for individuals with some higher education experience and for those wishing to pursue a degree while maintaining a full-time position.
American Bar Association Approved Paralegal Programs in Oklahoma
- East Central University (Ada)
- Rose State College (Midwest City)
- University of Oklahoma Law Center (Norman)
- University of Tulsa (Tulsa)
1. National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/?state=OK&sort=best