Paralegal Schools in Delaware
This overview of paralegal schools in Delaware provides information about the degree and certificate options available in the state for students interested in learning more about pursuing an education to support careers as paralegals and legal assistants. Numerous programs are available in Delaware from the certificate to the bachelor’s degree level. There are also a variety of online paralegal programs that can offer a flexible alternative to traditional on-campus study.
Schools with Paralegal Programs
- There are 5 colleges and universities that offer a paralegal/legal assistant degree program in Delaware.
- 3 schools offer a certificate program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 2 schools offer an associate’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 2 schools offer a bachelor’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 4 not-for-profit ABA-approved paralegal degree programs in Delaware.
Institutional Facts for Schools with Paralegal Programs
- Highest graduation rate: Widener University-Delaware Campus 82%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate: Delaware Technical Community College-Terry 15%.1
- Highest net price per year: Wesley College $23,349.1
- Lowest net price per year: Delaware Technical Community College-Owens $4,283.1
- Highest student population: Delaware Technical Community College-Owens 4,761.1
- Lowest student population: Dawn Career Institute Inc. 873.1
- Annual tuition range for paralegal programs at community colleges and career schools in Delaware: $7,200-$7,200
- 0 schools in US News Best Law Schools Rankings of 2013 (top 100)
To learn more about paralegal schools in Delaware, continue reading for profiles of popular programs and schools as well as career information for paralegal graduates.
Paralegal Degree Programs in Delaware
The associate degree in Paralegal Studies at Delaware Technical and Community College prepares students to competently apply and integrate a range of research techniques and legal knowledge to address legal tasks in an efficient and effective manner. Specific legal courses are supported by a strong foundation of general studies courses aimed to enable students to communicate, write, use technology, and apply problem-solving skills in a professional workplace. Additionally, a mandatory internship component allows students to gain real-world work experience before graduation. As a flexible “Connected degree” program, students are able to complete an associate’s degree and then transfer to a four-year degree program as a third-year student. Delaware Technical and Community College also offers a certificate program in paralegal studies for those who have already completed an associate’s degree. Both of these degree programs are approved by the American Bar Association.
Widener University Law Center
Widener University Law Center hosts an ABA-approved paralegal program that offers flexible course scheduling to accommodate full-time, part-time, and evening students, and additionally hosts a reputable online program. This program offers students an exceptional classroom experience driven by a distinguished faculty of lawyers and legal professionals. Graduates are proficient in legal research, legal writing, and civil and criminal theory. The research program at Widener University Law Center is backed by the vast resources of the Widener Law Library. Furthermore, students are given the opportunity to streamline their studies and concentrate in a specific area of law through a variety of legal electives. A bachelor’s degree, an associate’s degree, and a certificate program are offered and vary in depth of study, as well as duration. The faculty, resources, and flexibility of this program make it a great option for those seeking a paralegal degree in Delaware.
Wilmington University offers two ABA-approved paralegal degree programs, a bachelor’s degree program and a post-baccalaureate certificate program, both of which are structured around a core curriculum of legal fundamentals. These degree programs provide a balanced education with an emphasis on legal procedures, allowing students to enter the workforce as a paralegal immediately upon graduation or pursue a breadth of other careers in government, human resources or banking. In addition to legal research and writing, terminology and legal concepts, this program emphasizes strong client communication skills, self-discipline, and ethical principals. An optional internship program gives students an opportunity to gain academic credit while earning valuable work experience in a position best suited for his or her career interests. This program is ideal for students wishing to pursue a breadth of academic concepts with a focus in paralegal studies, or for those who want the flexibility to pursue other careers in the future.
American Bar Association Approved Paralegal Programs in Delaware (Not-for-Profit)
- Delaware Technical and Community College (Georgetown)
- Wesley College (Dover)
- Widener University Law Center (Wilmington)
- Wilmington University (New Castle)
Delaware Paralegal Program Student Reviews
1. National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/?state=DE&sort=best