Paralegal Schools in Nevada
The paralegal schools in Nevada offer an array of programs for earning a degree or certificate that can support your career as a paralegal or legal assistant. The following overview of paralegal schools in Nevada contains important information about your options and can assist you in making the right choice for your personal goals. You may also find that an online paralegal degree such as the Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies offered by Liberty University Online is a good match for your needs.
Schools with Paralegal Programs
- There are 7 colleges and universities that offer a paralegal/legal assistant degree program in Nevada.
- 1 school offers an undergraduate certificate program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 7 schools offer an associate’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 0 schools offer a bachelor’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 1 not-for-profit ABA-approved paralegal degree program in Nevada.
Institutional Facts for Schools with Paralegal Programs
- Highest graduation rate: Career College of Northern Nevada 59%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate: College of Southern Nevada 16%.1
- Highest net price per year: Truckee Meadows Community College $8,673.1
- Lowest net price per year: College of Southern Nevada $6,404.1
- Highest student population: College of Southern Nevada 37,717.1
- Lowest student population: Northwest Career College 304.1
- Annual tuition range for paralegal programs at community colleges and career schools in Nevada: $9,008-$18,576.2
- 1 school in US News Best Law Schools Rankings of 2013 (top 100): University of Nevada-Las Vegas #68
Continue reading this page for further information about paralegal schools in Nevada and career projections for paralegals and legal assistants.
Paralegal Degree Programs in Nevada
The paralegal/law program at Truckee Meadows Community College prepares students for careers in a variety of legal fields and imparts professional skills applicable to a variety of fields. The department offers a wide variety of courses covering a range of basic legal fields and procedures. Resources available to students include Westlaw Online, a prominent research tool within the legal community. Pre-law students at TMCC are able to transfer 99 percent of the credits earned within the program to corresponding four-year degrees at UNR and UNLV within the universities’ criminal justice and pre-law bachelor programs. Several funding options are available to applicants, including but not limited to scholarships and financial aid. The TMCC paralegal program is the only paralegal education program approved in Nevada.
University of Nevada Las Vegas
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas offers an online and on-campus paralegal certificate program focused on providing students with the professional skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in an entry-level legal position. The curriculum includes legal procedures, office skills, as well as substantive fields of law. Students of this program have access to the top electronic research systems, Westlaw and LexisNexis. These research tools and the curriculum’s focus on individual study foster important professional skills specific to the legal profession. Additionally, students have the option to pursue this certificate program entirely online. Though this program is not formally approved by the American Bar Association it is an accessible option for individuals wishing to take an entirely online paralegal degree program.
College of Southern Nevada
The College of Southern Nevada offers an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Paralegal Studies and a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, both are designed to prepare students to assist lawyers in a variety of legal tasks. The curriculum includes both substantive areas of law combined with comprehensive instruction in legal procedures and practical legal knowledge. Law-specific courses include family law, tort, contracts, criminal procedure, and business law, among many others. The program is designed to benefit individuals who are new to the paralegal profession as well as individuals who are currently employed in law-related settings. Though this program has not been formally approved by the American Bar Association, it provides a solid background to legal knowledge and the paralegal profession.
American Bar Association Approved Paralegal Programs in Nevada (Not-for-Profit)
- Truckee Meadows Community College (Reno)
1. National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/?state=NV&sort=best