Paralegal Schools in North Dakota
The colleges and universities in North Dakota offer several programs for earning a certificate or degree in paralegal studies. This guide to paralegal schools in North Dakota will help you find the information you need to make the right choice for your personal interests and career aspirations. As an alternative to traditional classroom-based programs, you may wish to consider an online paralegal program, which offers a more flexible schedule for working students.
Paralegal Program Stats
- There are 3 colleges and universities that offer a paralegal/legal assistant degree program in North Dakota.
- 3 schools offer a certificate program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 3 schools offer an associate’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 0 schools offer a bachelor’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- There are 0 ABA-approved paralegal degree programs in North Dakota.
- Highest graduation rate: Lake Region State College 52%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate: Rasmussen College 35%.1
- Highest net price per year: Rasmussen College $19,523.1
- Lowest net price per year: Turtle Mountain Community College $5,644.1
- Highest student population: Lake Region State College 2,056.1
- Lowest student population: Turtle Mountain Community College 588.1
- Annual tuition range for paralegal programs at community colleges and career schools in North Dakota: $2,250-$12,6402
- 0 schools in US News Best Law Schools Rankings of 2013 (top 100)
Read on to find profiles of popular programs and more in-depth information about paralegal schools in North Dakota.
Proof, proof, proof your resume before applying to a job. You do not need a business course in order to learn how to properly format a resume. Find a reputable website – there are plenty out there – that give examples of properly formatted resumes.” –Leigh Johnson, 1st Vice President of the Western Dakota Legal Assistants Association.
Paralegal Degree Programs in North Dakota
The University of North Dakota’s Office of Extended Learning offers a paralegal career preparation program that is not for college credit. Courses include Legal Secretary, Paralegal, Paralegal Career Prep I, II, III, and Paralegal Career Prep Master. All courses offered by UND’s Office of Extended Learning are delivered fully online, aimed at busy and/or working students. Other legal programs offered by the Office of Extended Learning include Court Interpreter, LSAT Preparation, and Mediator & Arbitrator.
Bismarck State College
Bismarck State College offers an Associate in Applied Science with an Administrative Assistant – Legal emphasis that prepares graduates for entry-level careers in the paralegal field. Students complete numerous courses focused on building advanced competencies in business writing and office software as well as legal-focused courses such as Legal Office Procedures, Legal Transcription, and Office Management. Students are also strongly encouraged to complete at least one practicum or internship as part of the degree plan. Bismarck State College is centrally located and is the third-largest college in the North Dakota University System.
1. National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/?state=ND&sort=best