Paralegal Schools in New Hampshire
This guide to paralegal schools in New Hampshire will provide you with key information so that you can choose a program that falls in line with your career interests and goals. The options for obtaining a certificate or degree in the paralegal/legal assistant field from paralegal schools in New Hampshire are varied and can help support your personal career aspirations. As an alternative to traditional classroom study, you can also consider online paralegal programs, which may be a more flexible option.
- There are 4 colleges and universities that offer paralegal/legal assistant degree programs in New Hampshire.1
- 3 schools offer a certificate program for paralegals/legal assistants.1
- 2 schools offer an associate’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.1
- No schools offer a bachelor’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.1
- 1 school offers a master’s or advanced degree for paralegals/legal assistants.1
- No schools ranked in Kiplinger’s Best Values in Public Colleges in 2018.2
- 1 school ranked in Paralegal411’s Top Online Paralegal Programs in 2018.3
- No schools ranked in College Factual’s Best Colleges Offering Degrees in Legal Professions in 2018.4
- 1 school ranked in US News Best Law Schools in 2019.5
- 1 not-for-profit ABA-approved paralegal degree program is in New Hampshire.6
Top-Ranked Schools with Paralegal Programs
Paralegal411’s Top Online Paralegal Programs 2018
- Southern New Hampshire University (#15)
US News Best Law Schools 2019
- University of New Hampshire (#85 tie)
Schools with Paralegal Programs Approved by the ABA
- New Hampshire Technical Institute
Paralegal Degree Programs in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Technical Institute
The Paralegal Studies Certificate at New Hampshire Technical Institute has been approved by the American Bar Association (ABA) and is centered on a broad-based curriculum that includes practical skills, substantive legal knowledge, and legal theory. Graduates of this program are equipped with strong legal writing and research skills, analytical and critical thinking ability, and competency in professional technologies. The curriculum also includes an optional legal internship that enables students to sample a professional legal environment and form important contacts within the field. This program is offered in the evenings only and is financial aid eligible. Specific admission requirements include 45 college credits in general education courses, consistent with ABA specifications.
Nashua Community College
Nashua Community College’s Paralegal Studies program provides students with a thorough introduction to substantive areas of law varying from real estate law to litigation and trial preparation while developing key skills such as written and oral communication. The program offers an associate’s degree and a certificate, credits from both of which are transferable to a bachelor’s program for students who later chose to pursue a four-year degree. The associate’s degree program is offered in the evenings and consists of 60-61 total credits. A paralegal internship during the final semester of study serves a capstone for the degree and allows students to experience a legal workplace and form important networking connections. The Nashua Community College program is an accredited institutional member of the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE) and a sustaining member of the Paralegal Association of New Hampshire.
Online Paralegal Programs
Franklin Pierce University
Franklin Pierce University offers an online undergraduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies for students interested in the paralegal and legal assistant field. This 30-credit certificate can be completed in as few as 10 months. Courses are taught entirely online and students can advance at their own pace in a flexible format. Students learn legal fundamentals through wide-ranging courses like Tort Law, Probate Law, Litigation, Corporate and Business Law, and Criminal Law. The curriculum also includes courses such as Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing, where students learn practical, hands-on skills needed in a legal office environment. After completing this certificate program, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Certification Exam from the National Association for Legal Assistants (NALA). Graduates can find entry-level paralegal positions in law firms, government agencies, private business legal departments, and community legal service organizations.
Southern New Hampshire University
Students can earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Criminal Justice-Legal Studies and Advocacy from Southern New Hampshire University. This degree can be completed entirely online and students can choose between a full-time course load or a flexible format that fits around their work schedule. The curriculum starts with general education courses that teach fundamentals in writing, communication, analysis, and problem-solving. Students then start specialized classes in criminal justice, such as Judicial Administration, Legal Traditions, Criminal Law, and Administrative Law. Criminal justice students learn about legal processes, intervention, and advocacy within the American legal system. Through real-world based coursework, students also learn about the various roles and responsibilities of legal system positions. After finishing this 120-credit degree, many graduates go on to work in the legal field with private organizations, nonprofits, or government agencies and services.
1. National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Kiplinger’s Best College Values in Public Colleges: https://www.kiplinger.com/tool/college/T014-S001-best-college-values-college-finder/index.php#Tile
3. Paralegal411’s Top Online Paralegal Programs: https://www.paralegal411.org/degrees/bachelors/online/
4. College Factual’s Best Colleges Offering Degrees in Legal Professions in 2018: https://www.collegefactual.com/majors/legal-studies-and-professions/rankings/top-ranked//
5. US News Best Law Schools 2019: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/law-rankings
6. American Bar Association Approved Paralegal Programs: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/paralegals/