Paralegal Schools in North Dakota
The colleges and universities in North Dakota offer several programs for earning a certificate or degree in paralegal studies. This guide to paralegal schools in North Dakota will help you find the information you need to make the right choice for your personal interests and career aspirations. As an alternative to traditional classroom based programs, you may wish to consider an online paralegal school like Kaplan University, which offers paralegal programs at the certificate, associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s levels.
- There are 3 colleges and universities that offer a paralegal/legal assistant degree program in North Dakota.
- 3 schools offer a certificate program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 3 schools offer an associate’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- No schools offer a bachelor’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- There are no ABA approved paralegal degree programs in North Dakota.
- Highest graduation rate: Lake Region State College 52%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate: Rasmussen College 35%.1
- Highest net price per year: Rasmussen College $19,523.1
- Lowest net price per year: Turtle Mountain Community College $5,644.1
- Highest student population: Lake Region State College 2,056.1
- Lowest student population: Turtle Mountain Community College 588.1
- Annual tuition range for paralegal programs at community colleges and career schools in North Dakota: $2,250-$12,6402
- No Schools in US News Best Law Schools Rankings of 2013 (top 100)
Read on to find profiles of popular programs and more in-depth information about paralegal schools in North Dakota.
Paralegal Degree Programs in North Dakota
The Rasmussen College paralegal program allows students to earn either a Paralegal Associate’s degree or a Paralegal Certificate through a comprehensive course study of substantive legal topics, as well as an overview of crucial professional skills. Required general education courses span topics such as English Composition, Humanities, Communication and Mathematics, while core legal courses include Paralegal Ethics, Civil Litigation, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law and many others. Students may also choose from two tracks for their final semester. The paralegal internship option allows students to gain practical work experience under the supervision of a licensed attorney in local legal settings, where as the paralegal capstone option simulates this environment through an online environment. This program is one of few quality paralegal training programs within the state, though it has not gained approval from the American Bar Association.
American Bar Association Approved Paralegal Programs in North Dakota
1. National Center for Education Statistics: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche: http://colleges.niche.com/search/t-career/sm1-paralegal/st-nd/