Paralegal Schools in Wyoming
The following guide to paralegal schools in Wyoming will provide you with relevant information about your options so that you can make an informed decision about where to attend school. There are several options for obtaining a paralegal degree or certificate in Wyoming, some of which may offer opportunities to choose a specialty area of practice. As an alternative to traditional on-campus paralegal programs, you may also wish to consider online paralegal programs, which typically offer more flexibility for working or busy students.
Paralegal Program Stats
- There are 2 colleges and universities that offer a paralegal/legal assistant degree program in Wyoming.
- 2 schools offer a certificate program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 2 schools offer an associate’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- 0 schools offer a bachelor’s degree program for paralegals/legal assistants.
- There are 2 not-for-profit ABA approved paralegal degree programs in Wyoming.1
- Highest graduation rate: Casper College 32%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate: Laramie County Community College 24%.1
- Highest net price per year: Casper College $6,606.1
- Lowest net price per year: Laramie County Community College $5,424.1
- Highest student population: Laramie County Community College 4,181.1
- Lowest student population: Casper College 3,680.1
- Annual tuition range for paralegal programs at community colleges and career schools in Wyoming: $5,424-$6,606.2
- No schools in US News Best Law Schools Rankings of 2013 (top 100)
Continue reading to learn more about paralegal schools in Wyoming, including profiles of popular programs and career prospects for graduates.
Paralegal Degree Programs in Wyoming
Casper College offers two separate paralegal degree programs, both of which are focused on research practices and skills within the paralegal field. Within this curriculum, students are able to develop legal research resources and skills, fact investigation techniques, and professional technology skills. Paralegal specific courses teach students to prepare legal documents, organize case files, analyze dispositions, and draft wills, contracts, corporations form and other legal documents. The Casper College paralegal programs also emphasize career development, offering students job placement assistance through counseling and paralegal internship coordination. Students are additionally encouraged to take the Certified Paralegal Exam offered three times a year through the college. Both the Associate of Arts (AA) degree in Paralegal Studies and the post-baccalaureate certificate program in Paralegal Studies have been approved by the American Bar Association.
Continue your paralegal education by attending paralegal/legal education opportunities (“CLE”), whether in your chosen field or a legal area of personal interest. There is a plethora of education opportunities available through local paralegal associations as well as the American Bar Association, national paralegal associations (NFPA, NALA, NALS, AAPI, etc.) and companies like NBI/IPE, Lorman, WestLegalEd.” –Mianne L. Besser, President and NFPA Secondary of the Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association.
Laramie County Community College
Both the Associate of Science (AS) in Paralegal Studies and the certificate program in Paralegal Studies offered by Laramie Country Community College have been approved by the American Bar Association. These programs provide students with the practical skills, experience, and knowledge to succeed in the paralegal profession. Graduates of these programs are thus expected to demonstrate a substantive knowledge of three legal specialty areas, demonstrate the ability to make sound ethical judgments and be able to preform valuable legal research. The degree program is compiled from a variety of general education courses spanning subjects such as mathematics, economics and communication, core legal specialty courses and paralegal elective courses. Within this structure, students have some opportunity to specialize their degrees through the selection of elective courses, including options such as criminal justice and government internship programs. Overall, Laramie County Community College gives students a comprehensive foundation in general education, legal process and professional skills culminating in a valuable paralegal internship experience.
American Bar Association Approved Paralegal Programs in Wyoming (Not-for-Profit)
- Casper College
- Laramie County Community College
1. National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/best-colleges/